Sunday, February 13, 2005

Pimentel, Peru

TM: I'll sum up my day:
I went to the beach, walked around, got stared at, went swimming, and didn't realize that I had burned myself so thouroughly that I am going to have to grow an entire new epidermis until I got home. I put on sunblock too. Shoot. At least I have moisturizer.

Meh.

Update on the count situation:
I am afraid I will have to start two new counts, after sevral experiences of yesterday and today.

Heloooo Count: 9

New - Salute count. Last night, I went out for dinner with my family to a pizza place. There was a kid at the table close to ours, and the family was just leaving. The mom made her kid stop pointing(even though I just smiled) but, as they were leaving, he turned to me, stood up straight, and saluted. Saluted, as in put his hand to his forehead and saluted me. Then, this afternoon, some guy on the street did the same thing, only he had a pepsi bottle in his hand. He used it to salute, and when I waved back, he nodded and drank deeply. Weird.

Salute Count: 2

Finally, my least favorite. The dreaded Harry Potter recognitions have started again. I wouldn't think that people would associate me with him, considering how my hair looks right now(when I get a chance, I'll try and post a pic. I look hilarious). Anyway, three seperate made comments relating to Harry Potter and me since last night. I find it frustrating, but it could be worse. I think I'll get a hair cut.

Harry Potter Count: 3

I really like it here. I think it is much better than Cuenca. Better weather, better people, and I like the way the city is laid out. Yeah...

Valentines day tommorow. Not an important holiday here, as giving flowers and chocolate and kisses is something that Miguel tells me is normal. So, instead, they celebrate late into the night with meat and partying in the streets.

I had a great time at the beach, body surfing. It was awesome.






I'll see yall later.

No comments: