Friday, February 04, 2005

Carnaval: It Begins, Cuenca Ecuador

TM: So, today I feel like crap. We are leaving Cuenca this coming Wed., and worse, I have a sore throat.

In addition, I didnt have a chance to say good-bye to my class in Benigno Malo, because they don't get back to school until the 14th. I went and played chess, lost some and won some. God, it sucks not getting to say good-bye.

Carnaval is finally here. After this weekend and a little into next week, it'll be over. I have two water balloons in my pockets as I type this, and a water gun in another. I am prepared. I am ready.I am a target.Ironically, in spanish, the word for target is "blanca". This is also the word for white. Oh, sweet irony, you hit me in the face like a water balloon or a handful of white powder(which they also throw).

No comments: